Project Engineer – Geotechnical / Troy, Michigan
G2 Consulting Group is looking for full-time project engineers with five to eight years of demonstrated experience for its Geotechnical Engineering Department. Project engineers coordinate field inspections and investigations including on-site direction of geotechnical drilling activities, as needed.
Principal duties will consist of:
- Inspecting test borings, test pits, monitoring wells, and installing and reading geotechnical instrumentation;
- Conducting laboratory and field testing of soils;
- Performing a variety of engineering analyses and calculations, with and without the use of engineering software;
- Preparing technical proposals, cost estimates, plans technical specifications, and reports, including day-to-day correspondence;
- Developing and presenting project-specific or technical presentations to clients, technical organizations, and in-house staff;
- Coordinating construction quality control services; conducting periodic site visits, and reviewing daily field reports prepared by others.
Required QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering with coursework emphasis in geo-sciences, or related degree;
- Preferred: Masters of Science degree in Civil Engineering
- Five to eight years of demonstrated experience in geotechnical engineering;
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills;
- Strong prioritization, coordination and matrix management skills, self-directed and self-motivated;
- Good administrative and time management skills with keen attention to detail;
- Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance and have an excellent driving record;
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.;
- Ability to stand for long periods of time;
- Willingness to work outside.
- Ability to work occasional overtime, weekends, and travel requiring out of town, overnight stays.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Represent G2 in a professional manner.
- Organize technical material into comprehensive reports, as well as, perform QA/QC reviews on work product.
- Project planning, budgeting, task delegation and management to ensure project is completed according to work plans.
- Project Administration, including invoicing and collections.
- Demonstrated ability to seek and establish new clients and build good business relationship with both new and current clients.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in mentoring and leading junior staff.
- Company-paid health insurance
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with matching contributions up to 5% of salary
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation and Personal Time Off
- Education and Professional Licensing Assistance Programs
- Profit Sharing
It is the policy of G2 Consulting Group to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. G2 Consulting Group prohibits any such discrimination or harassment.