Staff Engineer – Geotechnical / Ann Arbor, Michigan
G2 Consulting Group is looking for full-time staff engineers with three months to four years of demonstrated experience for its Geotechnical Engineering Department. Staff engineers perform and coordinate field inspections and investigations under the supervision of a project engineer or project manager. Principal duties will consist of geotechnical design project coordination, laboratory testing, construction observation, and report preparation.
Required QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering with coursework emphasis in geo-sciences, or related degree;
- Preferred: Engineer in Training (EIT);
- Three months to four years of demonstrated experience in geotechnical engineering;
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills;
- Strong prioritization, coordination and matrix management skills, self-directed and self-motivated;
- Good administrative and time management skills with keen attention to detail;
- Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance and have an excellent driving record;
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.;
- Ability to stand for long periods of time;
- Willingness to work outside.
- Ability to work occasional overtime, weekends, and travel requiring out of town, overnight stays.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Represent G2 in a professional manner on assigned construction sites.
- Independently operate relevant equipment.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects for multiple project managers within budgets and deadlines.
- Assist and perform laboratory testing work under the direction of a senior engineer/technician.
- Company-paid health insurance
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with matching contributions up to 5% of salary
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation and Personal Time Off
- Education and Professional Licensing Assistance Programs
- Profit Sharing
It is the policy of G2 Consulting Group to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. G2 Consulting Group prohibits any such discrimination or harassment.