G2 Consulting Group, a Troy-based leader in geotechnical, environmental and construction engineering services, was ranked in Building Design + Construction’s “Giants 400” report as one of the Top 75 engineering firm nationally.
BD+C, the nation’s leading diversified media, marketing and data company serving the design and construction markets, issued its annual survey results identifying the nation’s largest and most prominent architecture, engineering, and construction firms using 130 rankings across 25 building sectors and specialty categories. G2 Consulting was ranked as “Top” on the following lists:
- #67 in Engineering Firms
- #54 in Industrial Facility Engineering and Engineering Architecture (EA) Firms
- #90 in Office Sector Engineering and EA Firms
- #74 in Office Building/Core+Shell Engineering and EA Firms
- #84 in Healthcare Sector Engineering and EA Firms
- #85 in Hospital Facility Engineering and EA Firms
- #48 in Medical Office Building Engineering and EA Firms
- #46 in Outpatient Facility Engineering and EA Firms
- #59 in Multifamily Sector Engineering and EA Firms
- #34 in Parking Structure Engineering and EA Firms
- #53 in Retail Sector Engineering and EA Firms
- #68 in K-12 School Sector Engineering and EA Firms
G2 Consulting has experienced business growth averaging over 10% respectively over the past three years. During that period, the company’s employment grew from 70 to 95 across its three office locations. G2 has completed a variety of major projects in its home state of Michigan as well as 30+ other states. Marquee projects include the Cadillac Stamping industrial site, several portions of the I-75 reconstruction in Michigan, and new construction projects builds for Amazon and a variety of manufacturing organizations and telecommunication companies throughout the country.
“We feel fortunate to have great partners, clients and employees who have all helped us be successful over the past several years despite the challenges brought by the pandemic and disruptions to the supply chain,” said Mark Smolinski, P.E., G2 principal. “It was hardly business as usual, and that makes us especially proud of what we accomplished. Our challenge now is to new staff to handle new business and complete it on time and on budget for our clients so we can accelerate our current trend.”